Monday, June 30, 2008

Still not regularly posting, but....

Hey, you just have to keep on working on it, right? Let me see, what is new? I'm trying to get a group of people together to do the 48 hour film project in Buffalo, NY. My brother lives in Rochester, NY so we will base our shoot out of his house. The real question is getting a group of core people who want to be in it so I can justify the entry fee. There is a small part of me that says why not do it anyway and deal with what I can. Of course the other part of me is thinking that the just do it part has lost its mind. It brings up that the last challenge I did had one more day thrown in and I had a lot of people participating so the load I carried was a lot less. Of course conversely I did do most of the time consuming things and since I was director and producer (and writer of course) that it doesn’t leave me a lot to worry about overall with adding on other jobs. I just wish I would hear back from one or two more people who are interested, especially in the brainstorming session and the acting part of it. Hopefully my recruiting drive will work and we will be on.

On a side note I’m looking once again at my alterative time threads screenplay and trying to make sure there is enough conflict. I’m not sure there is since act two is mostly a “fish out of water” type stuff, then mixed in with a “how do I get back to my life” part. I’m not sure the conflict is foremost, and if it is, if it’s enough. I might have to do a pager one rewrite just to see if I can get it right this time. I’ll tell you more next month (since it is the 30th. J )

1 comment:

Kidsis said...

Hi Michael!

Did you ever do the 48 hour film festival?