Monday, April 28, 2008

Another crazy idea

I worry about me sometimes. I really do try to come up with normal stories, stories about everyday people, but for some reason my mind wanders into the bizarre department and shows me things that most people would just shake their heads at in disbelief. Me? I quickly write down the idea and try to figure out how to blow it up real big. My idea this time, without giving too much away since I don’t have it all down yet, is someone getting multiple personalities, but those personalities being positive and not trying to destroy the character’s life. How the character gets these personalities is a bit insane, but I was originally trying to come up with a good comedy, and nothing yells comedy like a buddy film, even if your buddies are all internal to the main character. Now before someone gets upset this isn’t going to be a classic psychosis, and I’m not going to belittle people who go through that form of hell. At least I hope that’s what it doesn’t come across as. I’ll see when I hand it out for people to read, if it gets that far. Right now I’m trying to figure out how many personalities I should allow him to acquire (yes I said acquire), and what does he have to do with them. The more I look at this and I tell myself this just is too silly, but I am sure Robert Klane thought the same thing about spending a weekend with a dead guy, and Weekend at Bernie’s was quite fun. (Don’t bring up the sequel.)

No comments: